Vice President and Practice Leader, Business Operations
The Vice President and Practice Leader, Business Operations will act as an embedded executive responsible for driving revenue for clients selling in the SaaS, finance, operations, and technology verticals.
The role focuses on working with sales and marketing teams to drive deals and pipeline, build, test and revise a client-specific growth playbook, and optimize sales team performance around this playbook through individual coaching and continuous team learning.
Our embedded executives typically work across 6+ client accounts and are able to earn 20%-30% more than VP-peers working at a single company.
About the Job:
- Manage C- and VP-level client relationships around developing a client’s growth strategy
- Develop a client’s ideal market position based on documented buyer outcomes and ROI impacts
- Build an aligned sales execution strategy including consistent buyer discovery and qualification
- Coach sellers in tailoring their sales messaging to specific buyer segments and buyer personas
- Work with sales teams to run agile deal tests and revise a client’s sales growth playbook
- Coach sales teams around individual skill strengths and gaps to unlock performance potential
- Lead sales team learning and socialization of high impact sales practices
What we’re looking for from you:
- A minimum of 7-10 years’ in C- and VP-level sales and marketing leadership roles
- Proven success in leading sales and marketing teams toward meeting and beating quota
- An ability to easily transition between strategic C-level conversations and tactical sales operations
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Success modeling the discipline to discover goals, gaps, and decision-making criteria
- Success modeling the confidence to ask for buyer “next gets” that build a roadmap to a purchase
- A network of board, CEO, VP-level relationships to build pipeline of your own engagements
- The ability to work independently and maintain focus in a fluid environment
- A Bachelor’s degree, MBA or Master’s highly desirable
Preference given to candidates who can work out of Boston, MA area office